Backend Integrations & API Engineer
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA / SALT LAKE CITY, UT
SpaceIQ is leading the digital transformation of the workplace with our cloud-based platform that turns facilities from cost centers into strategic business assets. SpaceIQ brings management tools and insights to help companies execute data-driven real estate decisions, increase operational excellence, and enhance employee experience.
SpaceIQ Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by boldness and appetite for productivity. We're looking for Backend Integrations & API Engineer to lead development of SpaceIQ's integrations ecosystem.
As an Integrations Software Engineer on the Backend team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining complex bidirectional integrations in SpaceIQ and other applications. The Integrations Engineer will work in partnership with cross-functional teams to define requirements and ensure the seamless transfer of data within our ecosystem.
- Innovation in the integration space; developing custom tools
- Develop new inbound and outbound integrations in SpaceIQ's integration platform
- Support and enhance current integrations to ensure they’re built for scale
- Monitor integration error logs
- Gather and analyze integration issues to outline trends; create action plans to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Test new system features and releases; evaluate the impact to integrations
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience working with and building integrations with various systems in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Experience building and maintaining inbound/outbound integrations (Okta, Workday, Salesforce, Onelogin, Servicenow, etc.)
- Fluent in one or more of the following languages Ruby, Java or Python, or Scala
- Knowledge of distributed Systems design and implementation; understanding of communication paradigms, client/server architecture, scaling, design trade-offs, peer to peer systems, synchronization, data replication and consistency models
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical approach to solving system issues including understanding system interdependencies
- Proven ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and priorities and able to shift direction quickly when priorities change
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of SAML, SCIM
- Knowledge of AWS ecosystem, Docker and Kubernetes
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
- Weekly lunch and snacks/beverages
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
We celebrate a diverse and an inclusive work environment, where we honor and support varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our business, including our employees and products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and strive to be a place where every SpaceIQ employee feels they belong. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.